Thursday, May 31, 2012

More time constraints but a great workout

Good times in the pool today.

Lap 1: 7:30
Lap 2: 6:07
Lap 3: 6.07
Lap 4: 6.18
Lap 5: 6:19
Lap 6: 6:15
Lap 7: 6:17

1850 yards, no 250 yard laps over 6:20 (my previous best.) The double 6:07 is a personal best, and I did it twice in a row. So a sub-45 minute mile. Excellent swim. :)

Had a good bike... 10 miles at 16.7 mph. I was concentrating on maintaining 90 RPM, so I was adjusting the resistance on the exercise bike to maintain 'drag.' Basically going for 'turnover' as opposed to speed, for the distance.

The run.... hmmm... the run.

So I ran with my running shoes on. I've been running barefoot for well over a month now.

It was like running with cement blocks on my feet. Oh, it was so uncomfortable. I felt totally ungainly. Not like I have been running regularly. I missed my bare feet on the run. Obviously, I am going to have to make the switch to Vibrams, or something like that for the Tri, but wow, it stunk to run like that.

Day off working out to fly tomorrow.

Might lift after flying... we shall see.

Cheers!!






No comments:

Post a Comment