Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Discharged!

Did my past day of Physical Therapy today.

Since I started doing Triathlons 2 years ago, I have run into (ha ha) a problem running.

That is the runner's knee pain that I have written about before. It was explained to me as being from my hips, and an assessment of my body proved that to be true.

So, I went to my appointments (with Maria at Accelerated... good friend, too.) and did my homework pretty regularly. I also did some of the additional exercises, and tried to focus in running style, going for smooth, good cadence, and slowly increasing distance.

So I was in PT a little longer than planned, but with a pilot's schedule, that is no surprise at all when I could not make 3 appointments a week... are you kidding, we're lucky if we can make 1!

But I have been good about exercise, and at my appointment today, we did an assessment, and I have a great deal more strength in my hips than previously. Excellent movement all around, so with a quick once over I was done. Shazaam. Free to run!

I am still mostly doing sprint workouts, but tomorrow on my overnight I have a good 5 mile or so run planned (and the weather will be perfect!)(Last time I ran in ROC I missed the turn I was looking for and accidentally made my 5 mile run a 6.5 mile run. All good.)

Sweet!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment