Saturday, October 20, 2012

Back on Track

Aaahhh.... just what the doctor ordered.... vacation.

Took a little extra time away from the blog, too, but now we're back on track, and ready to roll.

Did a 5K run today; The Run the Runway at O'Hare, benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project, one of my favorite charities. The last 5K I did was the run the runway at O'Hare.... 5 years ago. lol. So, I was not nearly trying for a personal best; someone I had seen in the registration line waved me over and asked me to take a picture of her in front of the United 747 parked there... We had probably spent all of 3 minutes waiting to come out of the chute and start, so what can you do about time, ya know?

So, I finished in 33:31, which put me 68 out of 87 in my age group, and 996 (I think) out of 2500 or whatever the number was. Not too shabby for barely trying.

Tomorrow, on the other hand, I am running in the Frank Lloyd Wright 5K in Oak Park, near my home. My goal for this is to run fast; preferably a personal best time.

The reasoning behind this, is my PT and I want to load up my knee and see how the therapy is working so far. If I can get through 2 5Ks in a row, and then add some distance, I should be coming along well in the healing process.

That is how the story goes, at least.

I am planning on running quite a bit more; it is certainly the area I need to most work on.

Although I did a 500yard swim today, after 3 weeks of no swimming laps, and I could really feel how slow I was. It felt like I was dragging severely! Gotta stay in the water longer, certainly swim more frequently, even in the off season.

Lots more to come, just glad to be back on track, getting back in the groove...

Had a checkride last week, and it kind of threw everything off for me. All is well, now.

Back on track.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment