Thursday, October 4, 2012

1/2 Ironman

This is my goal for 2013.

There, I said it.

So far, my knee has been holding up well. I have not been able to go to PT this past week, since I was on vacation, but I have been doing my homework, strengthening my hips, and I have been biking and running consistently every day. So far a little soreness, but none of the sharp pains that I used to get when running. Also, I have been doing a bunch of exercise bike work to load up my knee, and then doing 5k+ runs; same result... no pain, a little soreness, but no real pain.

I ran today in Raleigh, was looking for a trailhead that would let me get some trail running in, but no dice... bummerz! Running on concrete hurts for other reasons... lol.

So, the Half.

A 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13 mile run.

I have already pretty much done the swim. I know I can do the bike, but the run will be the challenge. I am doing Don Fink's method of running 5 minutes, fast walking 1 minute, and doing that continuously. I am pretty sure I am ready for 6/1 times, but I forget my little workout timer today. so I kind of had to abandon that idea... I just ran, and did a little walking at various points.

Why go long? I don't know... maybe it is because I am finally in the best health of my life, maybe it is because I had done my bloodwork, and found I am pre-diabetic, so I need to exercise anyways to give my body something to do with my elevated resting blood sugar.

Either way, it will be an interesting ride.

Cheers!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment