Thursday, August 30, 2012

The knee thing

So a friend of mine in medical school checked out my knee on Wednesday.

Apparently, a fairly common 'non-injury' is besically one side of your thigh being stronger than the other, cause a-symetrical loads on your kneecap. The result of this is usually what I have been getting during the run portion of the Triathlon, but not really at any other time...

So no pain normally, no clicking in my knee, or locking of the kneecap, etc, just a bit of pain when it loads up (like when I go down a flight of stairs.)

The solution is simple... strengthen the inner thighs!

I did a quickie 1.3 mile run on Wednesday, and I hope to have another run or decent bike or two soon to see how my leg feels.

Either way, as back-up, I am going to see a friend of the family who is an orthopedic surgeon. He used to be the Ortho for the White Sox, he did Bo Jackson's hip replacement surgery... he has his act together. He'll give me a scan on Sep 7th, and we'll see if I have something damaged in there.

Sailing this weekend, so short posts again. Here comes the Tri-State! (something else that is tri-!!)

Cheers!

Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment