Monday, August 20, 2012

Chicago Triathlon!

This Sunday, August 23rd, I am doing my 2nd Triathlon.

I'll be doing the Olympic/International length race, which is----

a 1.5K swim (.93 miles, or 1740 yards.) followed by
a 40K bike (26.8 miles) followed by
a 10K run (6.2 miles.)

Unlike last year, I have not had any training problems slowing me down. I am really ready for this, and I am looking forward to it. I am not looking forward to getting up at 0330 to get my gear down there, but I am looking forward to the race.

I am much better prepared than last year, and I have better equipment, too. I have a triathlon wetsuit, and a nice new road bike to zip around the course on. I also changed my running style... I am jsut so much more comfortable now.

I think they have pretty much given up on the tracking attempts for the race, but I know the results will be up as we transition from course to course. My bib# is 6329, I start at 09:06AM. I should be done with the swim about 09:45. I am hoping to be done with the bike by about 11:20, which means I should finish the run straight up at noon. IF you want to try, you can see my results pop up on the results page here.

Wish me luck Sunday morning!!

Off to bed, so I can get up and knock out a little bit of training tomorrow morning....

Cheers!

Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment