Saturday, August 25, 2012

confounded by technology and behind the 8 ball all day.

So, I managed to leave my laptop cable at home, burned the battery out, and then made it home at midnight, so technology got in my way.

Just a personal note------

The other day we were taxiing out, had a long route to the runway, but because of the gate we were on, I had to have both engines started to turn out of the gate...

It was almost 10pm, the weather was good, so there was no need to shut an engine down to conserve fuel (can be a big deal with some long taxi routes) not to mention that the start cycle basically costs money, too.... everything costs money.

So we were told to follow a Skywest who was following 'company' (another of my airline.)

I don't know (but I am pretty sure) why this captain was taxing so slow, but for all you pilots out there, listen up.

Taxiing like a douchebag to 'punish' the company is unprofessional, pisses off our passengers (who, btw, pay our salaries... piss off enough of them, and they will stop coming back,) and aggravates your coworkers. It is a waste of money (both engines running, etc...) time, and energy.

This flight took off 2 ahead of us, and we managed to pass them by Detroit. For those of you who are not in aviation, passing the same aircraft (make, model) in the air is almost impossible because we all fly at the same speeds (unless the pilot is an asshole and is sandbagging the company) We landed 6 minutes late in Rochester, NY, because of this jerk, but his flight landed almost 20 minutes late.

Way to go, asshole, you annoyed a planeload of people, you cost the company money, and you delayed the 7 flights that got stacked up behind you on your protest taxi.

I was too pissed off last night to write this, because I was ready to name names. I know who you are, though...

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment