Sunday, August 26, 2012

After the Tri...



Wow, that was a good day!

It started nice and early; Had to be in the Transition Area, bike racked and out the door by 0545, so with an 0900 start, had a little time to kill.

So after getting my bike set up, I went to watch the Triples start (They did the Super Sprint Tri on Saturday, then were doing the Sprint Tri and then the Olympic Tri... so 3 triathlons in 2 days.)... They would start their Olympic with my swim wave.

After 3 or 4 starts went by, I continued my wandering, went over to Maskwa, slept a bit, did a quick run, then swam a little bit in the harbor. I was feeling pretty good.

Made it back with plenty of time to spare for my start; Got in the water for the start, and then off we went!

Swimming, even in a pack, is always solitary. I think I seeded myself in the water a bit too far back; it took a long time to get going properly... and it seemed that every time I went to pass someone on the first leg I was getting a foot to the face... so, I just took things steadily and swam my own race.

Swim time: 38:33. (I was shooting for 38... I think I could have done it in 36 or so...)

Biking... I was not as strong as I thought on biking this year. I had had good practice bikes, good leg training, but I think I need to kick it up a notch for next year. The winds on leg 2 kind of knocked me out, and I should have been able to handle them...

Bike time: 1:35:33. (I was shooting for 1:20... I think 1:25 would have been realistic.)

Running... well... About mile #3 my knee started acting up, so I almost walked from mile #3 to #4. After that, I was running till my knee hurt, and then walking until it went away. Unfortunately, my knee kept hurting, so I had to keep walking more and more.

Run time 1:19:30. (I was shooting for an even hour... no such luck.)

I think if I had made my planned times, I would have been a bit below dead center in my age group, which I think would have been awesome.

I loved the race; at no time (unlike last year) did I think WTH am I doing out here? lol.... Well, I did question myself during the run, but I never felt winded, I just felt like my knee was letting the team down... That's ok, though... it will get better.

Had a great day, all in all... finished... now on to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment