Friday, September 21, 2012

Back to our regularly scheduled programming

2 really cool 5K runs coming up. (I am going to do more 5K type stuff... running is my weakest sport (well, ok, I cannot slam dunk, so my basketball skill suck, but...) of the three in the Tri, so I will be doing a lot more running now that I can.

Run the Runway at Chicago O'Hare!

Dig it! Here it is... sign up! --- Run The Runway. (There is also a kids run; Thomas is doing the "Under 4 run... 50 yards. He is already practicing.)-- proceeds benefit the Wounded Warrior Project (great charity.)

The Frank Lloyd Wright 5K/10K Run/Walk. This run takes us past the historic houses in Oak Park (no stopping, though... lol.)

Did my first 3 miles on the treadmill now that I am half-way through my PT.

I've always gotten bored pretty fast on treadmills, and this is no exception. However, I knew I wanted to stick it out... I love running outside (considering I always hated running, that alone is a big deal to me.) So I love running outside, but for my knee I wanted to get things worked out on the treadmill.

My excellent PT, Maria, told me that she wants me to put some miles on my knee so we can assess how my therapy is coming along. She has been loading me up and making things harder, and so far no complaints from the knee.

So I did a little 3.1 mile kick on the treadmill (or... 5K, which is why I went that distance,) and had nary a complaint from my right knee, thank goodness.

So, getting whole again... years of not paying attention to it (because I am not a runner, so I never really felt the pain in my knee, it's a repeatative motion kind of dealio,) and I am back on track.

I have been cleared to do a few 5K races, and if my knees are happy, when she signs me off from therapy I can do a Sprint Tri to see how it works when I am fatigued.

More running in the future for me for sure.... :)

Cheers!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment