Thursday, February 14, 2013

At Long Last

So, those of you who have known me, even for quite some time, have almost always seen me with a missing tooth.

I lost that tooth chomping on a pretzel on Super Bowl Sunday, 1996. Honest. I had a filling that had cracked, and when I bit down on a pretzel, that spelled the end of that tooth.

So, I am finally getting everything fixed! (Hey, when I procrastinate, I really procrastinate!)

So, cool stuff in the dentist office-- They have a computer aided guide that they will be using to guide the titanium post into my jaw. Since there has not been a tooth there in ages, my jaw bone has thinned a little bit.. Part of the body's design... if you are not using it, you lose it. Here is the preliminary shot, complete with angles, etc... cool! Should have a whole new smile by the start of sailing season.

Cheers!

Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment