Monday, November 29, 2010

"Interesting Encounters" v. 2

So, I am on a break between flights, and I walk 'briskly' from our gate (roughly G18, or the end of the known universe) down to the Bagel joint at the base of the concourse. As I am walking, I notice a man whose dress (this is at 0630, in the spring,) could best be described as "Mid season Huggy Bear." (See image at right.)

Except, with a fur coat. (??)

So I continue on my merry way. As I am walking back to the flight, I am somewhat behind a gal walking through the concourse. I am maybe 15 steps behind her. She is in a college grey sweatshirt and jeans. She has curves. She's not fat... she just has curves.

Mr Huggy Bear is walking towards us. As he passes the girl in front of me, he raises his right hand to the brim of his hat, and says "Lady..." as he walks by, and bends the brim a smidge.

Then as he continues past her, he turns his entire upper body to watch her derriere go past. He slows his walk a bit to admire her walk, and then as he straightens up to walk forward again, he sees me, just a few steps away. He says, in his best Isaac Hayes voice;

"That.... was fiiiine."

I love the airport....




No comments:

Post a Comment